Construction Drawings for the Building TradeseBook
Improve Your Ability to Read and Interpret All Types of Construction Drawings
Blueprint Reading is a step-by-step guide to reading and interpreting all types of construction drawings. Filled with hundreds of illustrations and study questions, this easy-to-use resource offers a complete overview of construction drawing basics for every aspect of the construction process- from site work, foundations, and structural systems to interior work and finishes.
Covering all the latest technological advances, noted architect Sam Kubba offers detailed information on:
- Blueprint standards-ANSI, ISO, AWS, and ASME
- Computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD)
- Lines, views, elevations, and dimensions
- Layouts of all construction drawing types-architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical
- Specifications-MasterFormat and UniFormat
- Symbols-materials, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and others
- How to avoid costly pitfalls on construction projects
You'll also find a glossary of terms for quick reference, convenient tables and charts for identifying symbols and abbreviations, and much more.
Inside This Skills-Building Guide to Construction Drawing Basics• Blueprint Standards • Blueprints and Construction Drawings: A Universal Language • Understanding Lines • Types of Views • Understanding Dimensions • Layout of Construction Drawings • Understanding Industrial Blueprints • The Meaning of Symbols • Understanding Schedules • Specifications • ISO Issues, Codes, and Building Regulations • Construction Business Environment