Secrets and Systems From the World's Top Executive AssistantsBook - 1999
Based on the author's experience and interviews with executive assistants, a guide to organizing and running a high-tech business office includes worksheets and checklists
Managing today's fast paced, high-tech office requires a new set of skills that only the most elite corps of executive assistants has achieved. Now, this one-of-a-kind book shares techniques and tips from the assistants in the high-powered offices of Harvey Weinstein, Oliver North, the Chief Strategic Officer of the Walt Disney Corporation, Hollywood stars Nicollette Sheridan and Olympia Dukakis, photographer Matthew Rolston, Michael Eisner, Stacey Snider, and others. New--and even experienced--executive assistants and office mangers will learn how to avoid pitfalls and keep the busiest boss and office running without a glitch.
The Organizer provides essential information on:
- Office etiquette--from handling clients to avoiding gossip to solving conflicts
- Telephones--tracking calls, creating phone logs and important number cards
- Computers--interfacing with the Help Desk, creating essential templates and files, utilizing e-mail and the Internet
- Meetings and scheduling--set up, confirmations, agendas, internal vs. out-of-office, and strategic, step-by-step checklists
- Travel and itineraries--updating, transportation and hotel tips, working with the boss while in-transit, expense reports
- Communication--building trust; arranging daily, weekly, and monthly meetings
- Dress code--dos and don'ts for achieving a professional appearance
- The "cheat book"--compiling essential information for instant access
- Filing--how to set up systems that work
- Interns and temps--find, interviewing, and managing
- Personal errands--juggling dry cleaning, car, family, and house
- And much more
Filled with useable sample documents, worksheets, and checklists useful for every office and situation, The Organizer is the essential guide for succeeding in today's hectic, multimedia office.
Based on the author's extensive experience and interviews with executive assistants to powerful executives, a professional and comprehensive guide to organizing and running today's high-tech business office includes worksheets and checklists. 25,000 first printing.