The Good Woodcutter's Guide
Chain Saws, Woodlots, and Portable SawmillsBook - 1998
A good woodcutter . . .
. . . uses the best equipment, and works safely. A good woodcutter works responsibly to get the best yield from the woodlot. A good woodcutter loves the forest and manages it with an eye for future generations. The Good Woodcutter's Guide is the first book in more than two decades to focus on the essential tools and information that enable owners of small woodlots to gain the maximum yield and enjoyment from their time in the woods. You will learn:
- How to use the right chain saw
- How to find the best dealer
- Chain and saw maintenance
- Safe techniques for felling, limbing, and bucking
- Tips for productive, sustainable woodlot management
- When to use a portable sawmill
Written in a warm, accessible style, The Good Woodcutter's Guide is a perfect manual for anyone who owns a chain saw and wants to use it to its full potential.